The Zombiephiles – Because You Love Zombies. - Zombies. You love zombies. That's OK. We love Zombies too. Zombie movies, comics, and culture, eviscerated. Welcome to the Zombiephiles.

Is “Fido” 2007’s Best Zombie Movie?

Fido Brings Zombie Social Criticism Back From the Dead

fido-horror-movie-posterJust when it looked like the recent wave of zombie mania had crested, out of left field (Canada) comes Fido,, a delightful romp through a post-apocalyptic 1950’s Americana – with zombies. The story of a boy and his Zombie, Fido’s premise is simple: humans, having survived a “zombie war” during the past decade, have proved the victors, and have learned to domesticate zombies, transforming them from flesh-eating zombie monsters to passive zombie slaves.

The movie opens on a class presentation about zombies and Zomcom, the ominous corporate/governmental entity that manages day-to-day life in post-zombie Americana. A Zomcom representative asks a room full of eleven year-olds, “How many of you have ever killed a zombie?” Two students raise their hands.

Thus is the comedy in Fido – as dark as it gets. Fido is about an America where only 10% of people can afford “real” funerals (where the head is removed and buried separately), while the other 90% return as zombies (and property of Zomcom). Unlicensed funerals are forbidden. The elderly present the gravest threat – prone to die and return as zombies at any moment, Zomcom has moved most retirement communities into former prisons.

When the Robinsons, the last family on the block without a zombie, finally get their own, little Timmy realizes that he’s finally found the friend his father is too busy to be. Thus Fido, mutely played by Billy Connelly, slowly becomes a part of the Robinson family, progressing from pet to…well, you’d better just watch the movie.

Page 1 of 2
 

Moans.

  1. Marty Party

    I want a zombie slave

  2. Cesar

    I want a zombie pet

  3. ZombieLover

    I want to see this movie.

Zombies moan. Zombiephiles moan back.

Connect with Facebook

You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Ads of the Living Dead.

Zombie Swag.

Poll: Zombies VS Werewolves

Post Image
Team Edward not appearing in this poll.

Love Zombies? Follow Us.

     
    Twitter
    Follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute Zombie outbreak news and information, and a lot of random chatter about other crap.
  •  
    Facebook
    Join our Facebook Fan Page and show your support for your fellow zombiephiles!
  •  
    RSS
    Subscribe to our RSS feed and make sure you get the latest Zombie news, Zombie outbreak updates, and all the Zombie goodness you've come to love.

Spread the Zombie Love.

  •  
    Digg
  •  
    Reddit
  •  
    Del.icio.us
  •  
    Facebook
  •  
  •  
    Twitter